LOCATION: Livonia, Michigan
JOB SUMMARY: The Sr. Project Accountant is responsible for providing financial control and oversight to projects through accurate and timely reporting and analysis.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with project managers and the project team to ensure project transactions are accurate; post AR/AP accruals as necessary to ensure financial reporting accuracy.
• Reconcile job cost related accounts and other accounts related to projects.
• Process subcontractor payments, waivers, and sworn statements.
• Prepare monthly project billings with backup and provide additional Owner required reporting.
• Document, and coordinate the implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures.
• Prepare and enter certified payroll reports in LCP tracker.
• Process and file tax returns.
• Assist with other financial projects utilizing a broad range of accounting and analytical skills.
• Other accounting/office duties as needed.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field is required.
• 5-7 years of Accounting experience, preferably in the construction industry.
• Proficient computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
• Demonstrated successful ability to build positive partnerships and work collaboratively with co-workers, Project Team, Owner, and Subcontractors.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be detail oriented and organized with the ability to be proactive and troubleshoot.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, or age. Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an at will employer. EOE/AA Employer D/V/M/F.