LOCATION: Cleveland, Ohio
JOB SUMMARY: Perform engineering duties in planning, overseeing and documenting construction of tunnel, shaft, and underground systems.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supporting the execution of the work based on the detailed work plans, specifications, drawings, and geological data.
• Inspection and documentation of different aspects of the work and monitoring and reporting the progress of work.
• Be familiar with the Tunnel Excavation Plan, Tunnel Quality Plan, and Specifications for Tunnel Excavation by Tunnel Boring Machine, Tail Void Grouting, and Precast Tunnel Lining.
• Monitor and Record data in a field notebook and in excel spreadsheets provided, and record any anomalies.
• Maintain and assist in troubleshooting mechanical and electrical systems, SCADA and data networks.
• Basic engineering calculations.
• Assisting in the estimation of cost, equipment, and labor.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil, Mining, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
• Minimum 0-3 years of related construction project experience; underground tunneling experience is preferred.
• Background in IT, Electrical, and Mechanical work is a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, Power Point, and AutoCAD.
• Creative problem-solving abilities with the ability to develop positive working relationships in a cross functional team environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to lift and carry 20-30 lbs of equipment and work in a confined space environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk and is occasionally required to balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, or age. Jay Dee Contractors, Inc. is an at will employer. EOE/AA Employer D/V/M/F.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel in this classification. Duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as deemed appropriate by management at any time.